Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planewalkers Forum Index -> Introduce yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antheus

re: Hi!

Just wanted to post a quick hello and say thank you for the invite.

A little about me; I'm Craig, 28 years old, live and work in Sheffield as a software developer/support engineer.
In terms of gaming, I love my PS3 (in particular FIFA and Rock Band) and of course MMOs... in the past I've played/tried a number of different ones, the main one being WoW (which I've played since Vanilla) in which I played a Holy Paladin and Prot Warrior (both of which were my main at once point or another - I love healing and tanking).

Rift; I became aware of it rather late (just before open beta) but loved the look of the game, the feedback and general comments coming from the dev guys, and having then played it once open beta started I love the calling/soul system.

I levelled a Chloro Mage (full healing spec) up to 20, ending with healing a run through IT, and really enjoyed it.
I also levelled a tanky-warrior to 13 and was enjoying that too... so can easily see myself doing the same in live too once I get the Mage to a decent level (or if it quickly becomes evident we're very short on tanks in the guild).

So yeah, thanks again - and look forward to meeting you in-game tomorrow evening Happy
Snichy
Adept

Welcome to the guild and look forward to seeing you in-game.

There appears to be quite a few healers in the guild but that shouldnt stop you from levelling as a healer as due to the diversity of the game, different roles can be filled by different callings and you should play whichever calling you enjoy
Kuldorn
Highlord

Welcome to Planewalkers Happy

You live relatively close to me actually. Same sort of area anyway (ish hehe).
Paularius
High Councilor

Hi Happy
Welcome to Planewalkers.
Hope you like it here hehe.
*Bolts door*
Bwuahahaha
Antheus

Thanks for all the welcomes! Happy

Snichy wrote:
There appears to be quite a few healers in the guild but that shouldnt stop you from levelling as a healer as due to the diversity of the game, different roles can be filled by different callings and you should play whichever calling you enjoy

I had noticed this myself actually... and am now back to wondering whether I should make my Warrior tank my main and have the Chloro Mage as an alt.
I will no doubt roll both... it's just a question of which I make my main, give the name Antheus and spend more of my initial effort on.

I know from past history I really enjoy both healing and tanking (when in an environment/group/raid where I feel comfortable and not like I'm going to get shouted at/kicked if I make a mistake), and from beta I know I enjoy both Callings... so I'm really 50/50 about which way to go.

Before being accepted into the guild I was swaying slightly more to Chloro Mage as I'd levelled that a little higher in beta and really enjoyed healing through the IT run... but now seeing the number of healers we've got already and seemingly lack of tanks (or people aiming to make tanking their main role anyway), I'm now thinking that might be more beneficial.

In terms of "play whichever you enjoy" - I liked both and, thanks to the (very clever!) way the calling/soul system is designed, suspect ultimately my enjoyment is going to come more from being able to get involved as much as I'm able with the guild, being in a position of being useful/wanted/needed.

I'd be really interested to know what other's thoughts are...?

PS: I'll make a point of installing and setting up Mumble at some point tonight if I get chance, so if anyone's around when I do I'll pop in and say hi briefly Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planewalkers Forum Index -> Introduce yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: